No Plan Is Perfect .... Blessed are the flexible! Our KCFC Family has stayed together
in spirit throughout this season by phone, social media, emails and other
shelter-at-home methods, but we are excited to be able to bring our
congregation back together physically. We will also continue our online services. Thank you for your grace and patience as we navigate this unprecedented time.
We have opened our building! While continuing to offer online services for both times. We are now in Phase 2.
9:00am is our "Thank you for wearing a mask" service where we consider our elderly and those with health issues. We wear our masks in an effort to protect those most vulnerable among us.
9:30am Spanish Speaking Service onsite only
9:30am Sunday School for all ages
11:00am is our service for everyone who is comfortable with social distancing but understand some may not be wearing a mask. Our building is big enough and our ceilings high enough that we are able to easily social distance. In accordance with the KCMO orders, we strongly urge the wearing of masks.
To assist us in providing the highest level of safety, the following 2-Phase plan will be implemented:
We are now in Phase 2!
- Services at 9:00am and 11:00am will be held to a one-hour duration, allowing for appropriate entry and egress and sanitation between services. (Online Services will run both times) There will be no in-church Sunday School meetings in Phase 1. Classes who meet electronically, etc., will continue to do so.
- Offering Drop Boxes will be in place at the entrance to the Sanctuary for your giving convenience. Continued on line giving is encouraged.
- Masks are recommended but not required (Although we have since made a change and are asking everyone to wear a mask to the 9am service). Volunteers and KCFC staff will wear masks. The church will not be able to provide masks to attendees.
- Upon entering the church, sanitizer stations are placed many places throughout the building.
- Personnel will be in place in the Sanctuary to assist you to your pews, following social guidelines. Households and families are encouraged to sit together, and every other row will be utilized, providing the necessary social distancing.
- Arriving 15-30 minutes early will assist in the traffic flow and maintaining social distancing.
- The sanctuary, restrooms and other contact points will be thoroughly sanitized between the 9am and 11am service.
- We have identified the number of seats in the sanctuary that comply with current Kansas City, MO mandates regarding social distancing. Once this capacity has been met, additional safe seating will be offered in the gym, and any further overflow will be directed to the Fellowship Hall.
Sunday School for all ages is offered in between services. We have kids programming available during this time for those who feel comfortable.
To GIVE online, please visit our GIVE page.